The Toddler classes provide a nurturing ministry to children between the ages of 12 and 30 months.
The Preschool classes provide a child-centered, play-based, pre-kindergarten education to children between ages 2 ½ and 5 in a warm, caring environment where the child’s intellectual, spiritual, emotional, social, and physical growth are fostered.
The Junior Kindergarten program provides an educational environment for children preparing to enter Kindergarten the following school year. The teachers implement targeted, intentional teaching practices that combine an understanding of developmental skills students need with the knowledge of how they learn best.
All of our classes incorporate a set of learning and development standards for young children developed by the Virginia Department of Education. The new standards, Virginia’s Early Learning and Development Standards (ELDS), Birth-Five Learning Guidelines focus on five Areas of Development:
- Approaches to Play and Learning
- Social and Emotional Development
- Communication, Language, and Literacy Development
- Health and Physical Development
- Cognitive Development (Science, Social Sciences: People, Community and Culture, Mathematics and Fine Arts)